In case it has not been brought to your attention yet, let me be the first to inform you that God has this unwavering way about repeating Himself, over and over and over; and for good reason. We ‘believers’ would do well to sit up and take notice, because we tend to be slow at times at 'getting it'.
Do you know what the one area is that God makes it a point to keep repeating Himself? It might surprise you…especially since the ‘church’ (His ‘supposed’ body) places little emphasis on this one thing. Let me lay it out for you this way today, and see if it doesn’t resonate and ‘connect a few more dots’ for us all. It has to do with ‘keeping His commandments’.
What our Bible teaches:
“Oh, that they has such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep ALL My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever.” (Deut. 5:29,33) [you might just read through chapters 5-11 when you have time and see how often this theme is stressed]
“I believe Your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word…it was good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statues.” (Ps. 119:66-71)
“My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you.” (Prov. 3:1-2)
“You rebuke the proud – the cursed who stray from Your commandments.” (Ps. 119:21)
“Because you have forgotten My law, I will forget your children.” (Hosea 4:6)
[This is the constant theme woven throughout the Old Testament.And He did not stop there.]
Jesus: “If you love Me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15).
Rich young ruler: “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus: “Keep the commandments” (Matt. 19:16-17)
A certain lawyer: “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus: What’s written in the law?...do this and you will live.” (Luke 10:25-28)
Jesus: “Teach them to observe/obey all the things I have commanded you.” (Matt. 28:20)
Paul: “Not the hearers of the law are just but the doers of the law shall be justified.” (Rom. 2:13)
Paul: “Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. (1 Cor. 7:19)
John: “By this we know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:3-4)
“For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.” (1 John 5:3)
Jesus: “I did not come to abolish the law, I came to fulfill it.” (Matt. 5:17)
John “Whoever says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.” (1 John 2:6)
“Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness (breaking the commandments of God) (1 John 3:4)
“And the dragon was enraged with the woman (church), and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring…who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Rev. 12:17)
“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.” (Rev. 14:12)
----
And what is the basic, overall message taught by the modern church today? -
“Accept Jesus as your personal savior and place your trust in Him by professing you believe He is the Son of God who was raised from the dead….and when you die you will go to heaven for eternity. Now, go join and get involved with a good Bible-believing church”.
Jesus: “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. ’For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men…and many other such things you do… All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition… making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do.” (Mark 7:6-13)

Comments
Post a Comment