Jesus knew how to ask thought provoking questions.
 
For example: “When the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8) 

Sooo…. What does ‘faith’ look like? If Jesus is going to be ‘looking’ for it, can we assume it’s something that can be ‘seen’? 

How many times do we read in the gospels where ‘Jesus saw their faith’? 

Once while in a boat that got caught in a storm, the disciples began to panic and Jesus asked them “Where is your faith?” 

We’ve all heard those verses about ‘the just shall live by faith’ and ‘we are saved by faith’. James writes that ‘faith without works/action is dead’. 

And for centuries the church world has argued and debated and split up over this theological issue in trying to explain or define what saving faith, really is. 

There are so many modified and reworked ‘recipes’ out there on how and what a person must do to be ‘saved’. I’m not about to join the club as if I have a new recipe to consider. 

What I really want to challenge you on along with myself is this: Are we walking with Jesus? And what does that look like? 

 It would seem to me that is really all that matters…that you and I are abiding in Him. (John 15) 

I mean seriously…is there anything more important? He’s calling us to draw close, to follow, to abide, to repent. There is an awakening that is taking place. People’s hearts are being stirred realizing God is moving. Wise virgins will get it. (Matt 25; Daniel 12) 

Jesus said a ‘flood’ is coming. He talks of a fiery vengeance being poured out. OT prophets often described God’s wrath as fire or being ‘poured out like a flood’. 

When we talk about being ‘saved’, that is what we are saved from…the ‘wrath of God’. (Rom 5:9) 

Isaiah writes ‘When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned nor shall the flame scorch you. (43:2) 

For all those out there who are convinced that because you have ‘made a profession of faith’ that there is some ‘rapture rescue bus’ on it’s way to whisk you out of here before things get intense….I hate to burst your bubble but what if you are mistaken? If you are right, great. But when things begin to heat up and the flood waters arise, and you find yourself standing there at that ‘station’ looking at your watch getting anxious and nervous, that will not be the time to start ‘knocking’ and asking where He is? The foolish virgins did that in Matt 25:11-12. (and don’t look for physical ‘water & fire’ either) 

News flash: Curling up in a ball on your sofa and saying “I believe Jesus is the Son of God’ over and over and over…is Not faith. 

 Faith would be evident by responding to his Word to repent…and turn and follow Him. If you are with Him…that is all that matters. That I can assure you. 

Oh…remember when you asked your parents one time, or maybe your own child asked you…”How will I know I am in love?” There was a smile and the whisper of this phrase: “Oh…you’ll know!’’ 

If you are asking the question “How will I know if I am walking with Jesus…or if He is with me?” 

Oh…you will know. :- ) Will He find faith?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog